12 November 2007

Opa & Max....

This past weekend Opa and Mom-Mom came down for a visit. They brought their 5th wheel camper and parked it back behind the house and they are planning on leaving it for the winter. That way they can come down any time they want and have a comfortable place to sleep. Who wants to cram into a twin bed to try and sleep - although Mel and Dave did it while they were here....I commend you both!

Anyhue we had a great weekend! They got down here Friday afternoon and we all hung out and had Chinese from the best restaurant around and then of course played with Max for most of the night.
Saturday was a day full of activity. I headed into Deptford to check out Babies R Us and get some winter gear for Max, Mom-Mom stayed home with the little one and baby-sat, Karl and Opa headed to Lowe's to get stuff to winterize the house....this house is heated by oil and in every room we have base heater's. It cost an arm and a leg to heat this house. I am not kidding. We moved down here last March and just for the month of March and April it cost us $800....augh! So Karl and Opa re-calked and put plastic over all the windows (they are old windows so the cold air just cruises through them).

We bought Max a jumper, or what some might call a bouncer and he looks so cute in it....

He loves it....he just looks around and kicks his feet. It's sooo cute! I also bought him a hat and mittons. SOOOOO CUTE! He was hangin' out with Opa and I was able to snap a few cute pics of them together...

The hat is a little big but I figure he can grow into it...which shouldn't take long considering he is wearing 6 month old clothes!

Saturday night we headed up to Christine & Marco's house (they are a great couple that Shannon introduced us to). They have a 16 month old, Sebastian, and he is the cutest! We had a great time....Christine and I had a few glasses of wine, Marco and Karl played pool. It was a lot of fun. They also had another couple come over that is from the DC area....they have a 1 year old...it was great to sit down with other mom's and just talk about motherhood and all the craziness that goes along with it. And I am sure that Karl was in heaven having other men to talk to and not his crazy wife!!!

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I think I am starting to like New Jersey......Wait did I just say that??? I must be losing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: