27 November 2007

Michigan Turkey Day!

As you all know The Rudolph Family headed back to Good Ole' Michigan for Turkey Day. It was quite a task getting the whole crew ready for the big trip back. It took me 2 whole days to try and get us all packed up. Here is a picture of Max helping me...

I was exhausted trying to remember to bring everything for us as well as Max so I had to take a little break. Magoo decided that she was getting pretty tired too so she took a little breather with me as well.......

Finally Wednesday afternoon came and we were on the road by 2 pm. We were making incredible time so we decided that we were just going to suck it up and drive all the way through. Things were going great until we got to the Ohio border and then we hit a wall of rain. It rained all the way through Ohio, and then once we got into Michigan it started to get a little nastier. By Ann Arbor & Brighton we were in a white out. BUT we decided that we were so close now there was no point in stopping, plus we had the dog and with it being the day before Thanksgiving we weren't sure how lucky we would get finding a hotel room.

At 3 am we dragged ourselves into Nana's house and just collapsed. Max of course was nice and refreshed, being that he slept almost the entire way! Karl and I tried to go back to sleep but after about 3 hours of tossing and turning we said forget it and just got up. I think we were so over tired at that point it didn't matter.

The day started off great, lots of coffee, playing with Max and opening gifts! Max got a ton of cute clothes and some great new toys. After a while though he started to get a little bleary eyed and needed a nap. I think Karl was getting a little slap happy too....


But Turkey was calling our names and we had a great dinner....Afterward Nana and Papa Jim were playing with Max....
I started playing with the crazy sisters, Magoo and Izzaboo....



Karl took a much needed nap. After a little while Max was in a festive mood and decided that he needed to show it...Karl said that he looks like he is doing something from The River Dance....


Saturday was my family's Christmas Party and the house was packed. It was great to see family, eat good, and play with Max. Here is a picture of Max was his Great Grandma Shirley....


All in all it was a great trip....we got home last Sunday night at about 11:3o pm and we all just crashed, Max and Magoo included!!! What a weekend!
Trigger was lucky enough to have the whole entire house to himself, and I am sure that he enjoyed it. I don't think that he was quite as happy to have Magoo back but life goes on!!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Is that YOUR Senior picture in the hallway? Wow... you are so young! :o)

I love the pic's. Especially the ones with the Lord of the Dance, lol.

Glad you had a great time...

BTW, since I moved to the FAR east side of MI, we don't have anywhere near the snow we had when I lived by Mel. I guess we over shot the snow belt by a bit.

Miralee said...

NO actually the picture is of my sister. She is 3 years older than me...

Max was having a grand ole time with his Nana....but I think she was having more fun!

Out in in "Jourshey" we won't get as much snow either....that is one big plus for me!