20 November 2007

A Debacle....

I am having a serious hair debacle.....


Karl has always been a lover of long hair, and preferably blonde. I on the other hand would change the color, cut, and length of my hair every day if I could. I get bored with it. Way back in the day....high school that is, I used to have hair so long it was ridiculous. It was a total pain in the butt, took me forever to do before school. Once I graduated high school I decided I was ready for a change. I cut off 9 inches like that. No tears, no regrets, nothing. From there I started my hair journey.


I have had just about every single cut and color there is except bald and black. I have had dark red, brown, and all shades of blonde and just about every cut there is - from The Rachel to The Halle.....


I prefer myself with short hair. I think that it suits me. I would say that I have more of a spunky personality, or as a friend once told me - Sassy. Short hair is just me. When Karl and I started dating I had a chin length bob and progressively started to grow it out because he liked it that way. By the time we got married it was the longest it had been since high school.

Not long after we got married I got extremely bored with it and cut it to about shoulder length. For the next two years it never really got longer than my shoulders and I would decide to chop it off again, much to Karl's dismay. When I got pregnant I decided to grow it out. I had visions of lush, full, beautiful hair (because of the vitamins of course). While I was pregnant it did get pretty thick but now it's kind of boring and I am losing some by the way. Just one more thing to add to the list of post-pregnancy issues that suck.

So my debacle is this. I would really like to cut it but Karl would be sad and I am wondering would I regret not being able to put it in a pony tail when I have no time to take a shower....???? Help me out girls. I need some serious help! Below is a picture of what I love to do....my hair is not quite as curly but I could almost get it there......let me know what you all think. The actress is Elisabeth Shue. She is just gorgeous!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that hairstyle and think it would look great on you. My theory is that hair always grows so anything you try is only temporary. This is not too short and you could still pull the sides up in some sort of clippy do to get it out of your face or use a cute headband.

The Nut House... said...

I agree with Katrina. I love this doo. Tell Karl to grow out his hair if he wants long hair, lol. He can be in a Hair Band, lol.

I think you should go for it. And in the process, I would LOVE to see pictures of you with the super long hair and everything else in between. THAT would be a great post.

We should ALL do that!

V