19 November 2007

Hallelujah!

Last night I woke up around 1 am and realized that I hadn't heard a peep out of Max. We gave him a little bit of cereal around 8:30 pm, a bath (because he had cereal) and then straight to bed ~ around 9 pm, give or take a few minutes. So when I woke I was expecting it to be still fairly early and was shocked when I realized what time it was.....I would just like to say Thank You to the fine friends at Gerber for helping me to get a straight 3 hours of sleep at a time!

As I was trying to will myself back to sleep before Max woke I heard a strange noise coming from the monitor....it sounded like voices or more like talking. At that point I was instantly awake and having visions of Freddie Kruger. It was freaking me out and I started to wonder if I was really awake, maybe I was just dreaming. So I leaned up and turned up the volume just a little bit (as to not wake HOTY - hubbie of the year) and realized that it was a man's voice I could hear.....I have to say I was really kind of freaking out at this point. Then I heard what it actually was. I was listening to a sermon or at least someone preaching. What I actually heard was a radio station, the guy was saying something like Praise God and some other stuff that I couldn't quite make out but then the next thing I knew I was listening to a choir singing some gospel song. Talk about relief...I had no idea that our monitor was that good!

After that I was able to sleep a little bit better, but who knew I would be getting saved while I was listening for Max all at the same time! And as a side note he slept until 2:30 pm.....a whopping 5 1/2 hours. That is the most he has slept since we brought him home. I am not kidding! I woke up, changed him, fed him, and then he went back to sleep until about 6 am or so...give or take a few minutes. I love rice cereal!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That would be it for me. I would be so freaked out I wouldn't be going back to sleep.

Creepy.

But congrats on the sleeping bear.

Miralee said...

I was a little freaked out at first but relaxed once I knew there wasn't come crazy in my house. Well at least besides me....LOL!

The Nut House... said...

I'm with Mel, however I wouldn't have been able to hear the sermon over my heart beating out of my chest from fear. lol.

You are one brave soul and a great wife at that. If I had heard that, Den would have gone from his peaceful slumber, to feeling my feet shove him out of the bed to "go see what it is". lol.

Congrats on the sleep!