05 November 2007

IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may not be what you are thinking...I know you are all reading that and thinking that my precious mind has finally gave way...but it's not what you think.

Not long after Max was born I signed him up for a book club through Scholastic. The deal was that I would get a shipment every couple of months of various sorts of books for a very small price. What I thought was a small price....

Three months later I have probably paid about $100 for about 10 books. Now they are mostly Disney books so I know they are generally a little more expensive but the reason that I am so irritated is because now I am getting all kinds of other crap. For instance just this morning I received a 2008 Disney Calendar for the small price of $17.94...CRAP! Right now I am on the phone with Customer Service trying to cancel this order so I don't continue to receive another boat load of crap that Max doesn't need and I have to pay an arm and a leg for. I have now been on hold for approx. 20 minutes and I am starting to think that no one is ever going to answer this line. I am pissed!

The kicker is that I have 7 days to preview what they have sent me and if I don't send it back within those 7 days I am going to be enrolled automatically whether I want to or not. Again I am pissed. I am soooooo regretting that I signed up for this bulls$*@! Here I thought I was being a good parent, getting great books for el'cheap price and I was duped. I guess it's my own fault, I should have read the fine print. What is the old saying, "Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me".....I guarantee there will not be a twice!

Oh and by the way I have now been on hold for 28 minutes! Have I said yet that I am pissed?

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

LOL!!! OMG, I am laughing my butt off. Here is what you do... with EVERY shipment that comes to you, DO NOT OPEN IT. Write directly on the package...

RETURN TO SENDER and drop it back in the mail. I have had to do this a few times and after they pay postage AGAIN on it, they get the point.

Good luck! Oh and you aren't by chance pissed are you? lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I learned my lesson in college with those CD clubs. Do exactly what Val says. They have to accept it. Also, if you have opened the package tape it up and send it anyway - it worked for me (I never opened the actual cd itself just the shipping package.)

Miralee said...

Thanks for the advice! I will be doing that the next time I get some more crap!!