21 November 2007

Murphy's Law

It seems that my body and mind are determined to do what they are not supposed to be doing. Last night Max had another pretty good night of sleeping. We fed him his cereal, bottle, gave him a quick bath and put him to bed by about 8 pm. He slept until 12:30 am or so...I got up and gave him another bottle. He instantly fell back asleep. Slept very soundly until about 4:45 am, was slightly fussy....went in soothed him, gave him his nuk (pacifier) back and he went back to sleep until 6 am and Karl got up and fed him and played for a bit. Karl put him in his swing and he fussed for a little bit and fell back asleep and is STILL sleeping. As I post this I am amazed.

Here is the definition of Murphy's Law: Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states that things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance. "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way." It is most often cited as "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" (or, alternately, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way" or, "Anything that can go wrong, will," or even, "If anything can go wrong, it will, and usually at the most inopportune moment").

This is why I think it applies to me.

I can't sleep. I woke up to feed Max at 12:30 am as I said and I couldn't fall back asleep. I think when I finally did it was about 2:30 am. Woke up when he got fussy and was up until 5:30 am. What the f! Many years ago I had a very bad bout of insomnia, for any of you that have had it sucks and I really hope that is not what is happening. I do think that my body just got so used to waking up some often now it can't easily fall back asleep. I guess Karl is going to have to swaddle me and give me a pacifier!! HA HA HA!

Anyway. I have realized that Murphy's Law is my life!

No comments: