20 December 2007

Yum, Yum...

HOTY hasn't been feeling well these last couple of days so being the dutiful wife that I am I decided to make him some homemade soup. Amazing isn't it...


I found a really good looking recipe for Potato Soup, which I know that he likes. So yesterday I got all my ingredients out; potatoes, onions, celery, chives, bacon, half & half, and a touch of milk and butter and got to peelin. How I had time to do this I have know idea because Max was having a "No Sleep Strike" but somehow I managed to get it all done and simmering on the stove before HOTY came home.



I happened to be letting Magoo out as he was pulling in and he said that something smelled good, all the way from outside! Go me! At about 4:00 pm Max decided to end his strike and took a nice nap (three hours to be exact!) and we sat down to the table for some Chunky Potato Soup. I have to say that it turned out better than expected. Karl even commented on how much he liked it. We both had a huge helping and decided to freeze the rest for some other cold blustery day....oh wait we don't have those out here...HA HA!

No comments: