02 December 2007

Guilty...

Guilty...that is me.

When you become a new parent you are constantly reading and trying to absorb all the information you can so you can become a great parent. One of the biggest things that I have read is that you should always put your baby to sleep drowsy, not asleep, so that they can figure out how to fall asleep in their own....it's supposed to create good sleep habits as they get older.

This is where I am guilty. Max is a snuggler. I love to cuddle with him when he is getting sleepy, he nuzzles his head into my arm, brings his little legs up to my stomach and just looks so darn cute. I love when he's is asleep in my arms and makes all kinds of little noises, or when he really falls into sleep and does this really adorable sigh. How can I possibly put him down when he is 100% angel at that very moment. I know all too soon that these moments will be far and few between so I guess I am just going to have to continue to be guilty!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I really hope I don't cross boundaries here. But Kraig and I ALWAYS say, "The best advice we ever ignored was.. to not hold her, because you'll spoil her"

Seriously. You cannot spoil a baby. If you have a snuggler, then by all means snuggle him. He'll be grown up before you know it. Enjoy this time.

Miralee said...

I agree with you! I have read a few things that say the same thing. Many new books out say that if you don't hold them enough or if you let them "cry it out", they develop feelings of abadonment and that they aren't important....which means I get to hold Max as much as I possibly can!!

Melanie said...

I can't resist a cuddly or sleeping baby. I agree with Katrina - you can't spoil a baby. And so what if he's the kind of baby who wants to be held more often. When he becomes mobile he won't want to be held as much, plus it gives you an excuse not skip the housework once in a while.

Ya know, "I just couldn't get to the bathroom cleaning today - Max wanted to be held all day!" :)

Wish I could cuddle him a little myself.

Unknown said...

I will hold him for a week when I get there, you can do your cleaning then.

The Nut House... said...

Cuddle him. I agree. Greg is still a cuddler and he's 6! He can ALWAYS count on his momma. ALWAYS.

The Nut House... said...

Ok, I'm most definitely NOT against snuggling, but here is a spin on it...

My 10 year old nephew STILL sleeps with his mom. My brother in law ends up sleeping in the son's room.

That alone, scared me into letting my kids fall asleep on their own.