16 December 2007

It's About Time...Almost...

Last night Max slept through the night. Almost.

We did our usual routine - cereal, bath, bottle, then bed and he was out. He had a hard day of playing so he was whipped. Usually he will wake up within the 1st hour, lost his Nuk, bad dreams who knows but last night he did not even budge until 1:30 am or so. I went in and did some Nuk Readjusting and he was back to dream land. The next thing I know it's 4:30 am and he is in his room kind of talking/cooing/babbling (sounding an awful lot like his Mother - yes I know SCARY!). I am in shock. I kind of lay there for a few minutes and after a few more he starts to get a little fussy so I go in and feed him. As soon as I give him the bottle he gets about 1/2 through it and starts to fall back to sleep. Finally a half hour later he is done and back to sleep. I think that if I would have just given him his Nuk back he might have just went back to sleep and not needed the bottle.

THEN....he slept until 7:30 am. PURE SHOCK! So Max and I got up did the dishes and played for a few minutes and guess what he is back to sleep. I am amazed. I don't know if he is getting ready to go through a growth spurt, maybe teeth are on the horizon but whatever it is I will take it. Last night I slept, I mean really slept. I didn't wake up a million times in anticipation of him waking up, I didn't have to go to the bathroom, I didn't even hear Trigger meowing his fool head off....and do you know how I know I slept.....I had dreams.

I have always been a person who remembers their dreams, quite vividly I might add. Most of the time they are nightmares, hence the reason I remember them. Ask Karl - I have woken him up many a night crying/screaming/ moaning/etc. So the fact that I remember having dreams means I slept. I also had a sore ear this morning from laying on one side for so long. That is usually a pain to me but this morning I welcomed that pain because I slept!!!! Oh have I mentioned that I slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this particular moment I am sitting in my PJ's, slippers, enjoying my 1st cup of coffee. And I have to say.....


How sweet it is!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We kept Camerin last night and we had a good night too. Woke up to about 7 inches of snow. Wish I was there to enjoy a cup of coffee with you. Love you!

Miralee said...

I bet he was thrilled! We woke up to 45 mile hour winds! Thought the house was going to blow away....we will have lots of coffee when you come out!

The Nut House... said...

What a WONDERFUL post!!! I am so happy that you FINALLY feel human again.

I laughed at your dream comment. When I was pregnant, I dreamt that my doctor came in to do a C-section with the Purple Teletubby costume on.

Then one night I scared the shinola out of Den. I dreamt that a man was climbing in the bedroom window with an axe to chop us up!!! I was kicking the blankets down and SCREAMING. Scared the eff out of the poor guy. I'm surprised he didn't clock me one, lol.