11 December 2007

I Caved...

I am weak.

I was so strong all day yesterday. I didn't once even think about giving him his Nuk because I so want him to be able to sleep without it. But last night was rough. He only took a few short cat naps throughout the the day so by the time he was actually ready to be put down for the night he was exhausted, and so was I.

We fed him at 8:30 pm, cereal and then his bottle. He actually feel asleep quite quickly and then as soon as I moved and put him in his crib the waterworks began. Karl and I took turns for about an hour and I just couldn't take any more. Mentally I was so tired from the crying from the daytime I was spent.

So we gave him the Nuk. Instant sleep. The bonus is that he was so tired he slept soundly from 10 pm until 3:30 am. Which means I also slept.

Today starts day two of "The Battle of the Nuk". Pray for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always pray for you, Max and Karl. Baby steps, take it away gradually. Soon enough he will sleep without it. You are not weak, you are one of the strongest women I know. I love you.

Miralee said...

Thanks Mom! I appreciate your kind words, they mean alot to me!!!!!!!!!!

The Nut House... said...

You are crazy. I'm sending you a photo... have operators standing by...

V