19 December 2007

Take Me Out...I Am Done...

This is what I would like to be doing right now....


But this is what I feel like right now...



Do you all remember about a week ago I wrote how well Max slept and for once I slept. I think that I was hallucinating. I am starting to believe that never ever happened.

For the last three nights Max has been unbearable at bed time. He is not really taking naps, with the exception of one in the morning, and by the time we are ready to put him down you can just see it in his face how tired he is. BUT that doesn't stop the Energizer Baby. He will fall asleep almost instantly when you give him the bottle and then as soon as you put him down in the crib he will stay asleep just long enough for you to get back into bed, get all comfy cozy and drift off to sleep and then...

WHAM! He is up. This was his schedule last night:

9 pm to 12 am. Sleep.
12 am to 3 am. Wake up every 1/2 hour - babble, coo, grunt, cry, cry, cry. Get Mom & Dad up pronto.
3 am. MMMM Bottle.
3:30 am to 5 am. Sleep.
5 am to now. Chill out and nap in the swing. Because Mom & Dad are on the brink of insanity after three days of this schedule give or take a few minutes of change here and there.

So here I sit gulping down some liquid gold (a.k.a coffee) trying to get my brain working while he is taking a little cat nap. I really hope to God that something breaks soon, preferably not the little bit of mind I have left but maybe some teeth or something. Maybe all 4 of his bottom ones are coming in at the same time. THAT would be great. Get it all done and over with and we can all go back to sleep.

Now that is something a girl can dream about!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Did you get a radio in his room???? YES I'm nuts... but... maybe it is TOO quiet in his room. During the day there is a ton of stuff going on around Mr. Slumberer, but... at night... it may be too quiet. He is wondering where the heck you two went to. Put a sound machine or a CD player in his room. It will keep him company.

Miralee said...

I did....it seems to help his fall asleep. Now my problem is that when he does wake up he wants to play. It's like he is realizing how much fun he might be missing. When we do go into his room he just looks at us and starts smiling and rolling around...it's really quite cute but tiring all at the same time!