11 December 2007

The White Flag...

I have decided that the Nuk wins. I have sat in the house for the last two days, in the same clothes and not even really sure if I have brushed my teeth or eaten anything besides coffee and I don't think that counts ~ I don't quite honestly think I could do one more day. I know they (who are these "they" people anyhow?) that they usually can break a habit in about 3 days but my fragile mind cannot take anymore.

Max cried so much today he is hoarse. Both Karl and I have agreed that he got both of our stubbornness traits, which means he is doubly stubborn (is that a word?) and too tough for me to fight with. My heart has been breaking for the last two days and I refuse to see him cry so hard he can't breathe. I just can't do it. So I am not going to. If I have to get up 50 times a night I would so rather do that then see him that way. I lost a little piece of my soul seeing him just outright hurt.

Many thanks to Val (The Nuthouse) for the kind e-mail, it truly made me feel better! Now I am going to hug my son and go to bed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sleep when you can my love's, you will know when he is ready to give it up. Kiss Max and tell him how much his Nana loves him.

The Nut House... said...

I'm starting to like his Nana. He is a lucky boy. I am so glad you gave in. Don't do that to him, and for god sakes, don't do that to yourselves. It's not worth it. Trust me.

See... I got my coffee back and he got his Nuk back. The world is grand again. :o)

Sleep good!!!

Miralee said...

I did sleep good! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!