17 December 2007

Pet Peeves...

Yesterday I finished up my Christmas Shopping and came to a conclusion. People are ignorant. I also decided that next year I want to buy everything online. I can't stand dealing with people in the stores at this time of year.

My first stop was Target. It was a madhouse. For some reason people have no concept of being polite anymore. I must have had about 20 people just walk in front of me, no excuse me or oh I am sorry I didn't see you. No they just walk right out in front of me. I don't know if it is from years of working in retail but I try to always be a polite shopper, I don't hog the aisles, I let people pass by me, etc. Drives me crazy how inconsiderate some people can be. The best thing of all was the cashier was ringing up my items and when she got done and hit total this is what she said..."your total comes to blah, blah, blah - oh and the computer says I am supposed to ask you if you want to open a Target card." Then she proceeds to look at me with this complete blank stare on her face as if I am an alien. Nice.

My second stop was the grocery store. Which I have decided at this point was worse than Target. I don't know what happens when people walk into a grocery store but it's like their brain gets sucked out of them. People are so engrossed in themselves they just have no idea of others around them. One lady walked right in front of me and I had to bite my tongue to not rip her head off then and there. Then she proceeded to stop right in the middle of the aisle and just stood there staring into space. I was really boiling at that point. I tried to send off my most evil stare possible in hopes that she would just burst into flames and disappear - but alas no luck.

When I finally made it to the register I of course got in the wrong aisle. The cashier needed a key because apparently the woman in front of me had a coupon that wouldn't scan for some un-holy reason. Of course I would have to pick the stupid aisle. Once the cashier was finally scanning my order it took forever because he had to bag everything himself. What ever happened to baggers?? That was my first job ever. It was 16 and working at VG's in Brighton. But that my friends is another story.

Back to my bitching. I just can't believe that they wouldn't have extra people working considering everyone and their mother was at the grocery store buying crap for the holidays and walking around like robots. Anyway. Three and half hours later I finally made it home. I will be so glad when the holidays are over and life can go back to normal.

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

And I thought it was just me. I have realized that when I am in someones way, I always say "oops, sorry". What the hell am I sorry for? No one else seems to give a damn. I have rammed carts, and pushed them out of the way because people seem to, as you say, have their brains sucked out. lol. People are rude, they are mean, and they don't care. I try to care and I try to be nice. But... things are definitely NOT the way they used to be.

BTW... we used to shop at VG's in Sterling Heights, and now we just got one by us in Shelby Township.