20 September 2007

The Joys of Motherhood...

Tuesday was Max's 2 month check-up visit at the pediatrician, as well as his 1st set of vaccine shots. :(

He got 4 shots, all in the leg and boy was he not happy. He did ok on the 1st one, started to get a little annoyed on the 2nd, started to whimper on the 3rd, and downright wailed on the 4th! Needless to say Mommy had a glass of wine when she got home because she was sooo stressed about it. Other than that he is doing great. He now weighs 12 lbs 10 ozs (75th percentile), and 24 inches long (60th percentile).

On a side note, and this may be because of the shots, but Mr. Max slept from 10 pm last night until 4 am this morning....talk about a miracle! I woke up at 4 and could have run a marathon - I felt like Rip Van Winkle waking from a long nap!! I would love to say that this is the start of a beautiful tradition but I have a feeling that we will be back to sleepless nights again very soon, BUT I will take what I can get!!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Good lord. Why didn't they have 2 people do 2 shots at a time. You konw, one in each leg... at the same time... twice. Know what I mean? 4 shots, one after another. Poor little soldier. That pisses me off.

Going to drink wine over that one. Congratulations on the great night sleep though! Maybe this will start a sleeping trend for him.

Miralee said...

I am glad that someone out there feels my pain! And boy was that glass of wine pretty darn good!