08 September 2007

Apple Pickin'....

This morning Karl, Max, and I headed out to a local Apple Orchard, Moods Farms. They have a huge orchard where you can hand pick apples, peaches, etc., plus all kinds of fresh produce. Today just happened to be there Fall Kick-Off Festival. They had a live bluegrass band and all kinds of food and refreshments. Karl chowed on some hot dogs while I inhaled a warm yummy pretzel! Max of course had his usual - formula. Karl had Blueberry Tea and I had Peach Cider (delicious!!!!).

We watched the band play for a bit then strolled through the indoor part. Picked up some jalapeno mustard, fresh zucchini and squash and of course a bag of apples. We didn't do our own pickin', it's about 92' out and a little too much for Max. But I can't wait to make a fresh apple pie!! I happen to love Fall but that is a whole 'nother post in itself. We forgot to take the camera with us to the orchard but here is a cute pic of Max from this morning.

Here is one from his bath last night. He was right in the middle of a huge yawn when we snapped this one!! Too cute!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE FALL! Apple Picking sounds so fun. I can't wait to come see you - I'm sure it will be really pretty around your house when all the leaves start to change.

I miss you :(

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your baby is too cute for words and it sounds like you just had the perfect kickoff to fall!

I do have to comment on your fur-child 'Miss Magoo' she is my fur-child's twin! Cuervo looks just like her!

Is she part tazmanian devil part sweetheart? That is what she looks like - at least that is what Cuervo is anyway. :)

Miralee said...

Can't wait to see you either Mel!! Karl's mom is planning on coming down to baby sit so we can all go out for a grown up dinner! Woo-hoo!

Hi Katrina! Yes she is part tasmanian devil because she is always doing something a little devilish! But we love her to death!!