02 October 2007

What to do, What to do....

I have been online in the last few days trying to find some things to do here in Southern New Jersey and I am realizing that what the a hairdresser told me when I first moved here (That is another story all together, I will post that some other time!), is true. There is not a lot to do around these here parts.

What I have found that in order for me to do stuff that I actually like; book clubs, wine tasting, cooking classes, etc., I have to travel north, anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 1/2. That my friends is not too cool. BUT in my hours of researching what people do around here I found a pretty cool website for any wine connoisseurs...Mikey you might enjoy this one! It is called localwineevents.com, and you can just select your state and it gives you a run down of any upcoming events in your area. It's pretty cool...I actually found it through MeetUp.com. There was a local group that goes all over attending upcoming events...

I am hoping that it will be a lot of fun, I will keep you all posted! Ciao fellow Vino Lovers!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't care if there is nothing to do but sit and stare at Max. I am counting the minutes until we get there. I can't stand it - I need a getaway soooo desperately.

Miralee said...

Woo-Hoo! I can't wait either!!! It's killing me to know that it's only like a week or so away!!!!!! Real people, in my house, talking to me! I can't even stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nut House... said...

I'm so jealous. Mel, I'm packing myself into your suitcase. I'll bring the vino. We'll just stick straws into our own personal bottles. :o)

The Nut House... said...

Bonita, have you learned how to do sudoku? Or maybe to knit or sew... or scrapbook? If you haven't learned how to scrapbook, there is no time like the present. Max is young, and you aren't "far behind" like some of us.

Miralee said...

I like the nickname!! LOL! I know how to knit a little tiny bit...it's hard to make myself sit down when he is napping and actually do it, I always end up doing something else around the house.... :)

I haven't tried scrapbooking yet, might give it a shot though!