10 October 2007

Miss Mellie Roses...

Miss Mellie Roses...."That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

I am so blessed to have wonderful friends and I am so excited because one of my nearest and dearest is coming to visit this weekend! Melanie and I have been friends since our freshman year in high school - which seems to me now a very long time ago. We met I believe at lunch time, a very scary time because it was our freshman year (scary enough on it's own) and we were trying to not look to un-cool finding somewhere to sit. High School is hell! First off you enter it feeling like a fish out of water, here you just came from middle school where you knew your place, knew what to do and what not, you basically ruled the school as an 8th grader and then you get thrown to the sharks of "HIGH SCHOOL". DUH DUH DUH!


Anyhue I digress.



Mel and I were standing near the same table and kind of did a once over on each other and thought "hey she looks pretty cool" and the rest is history. We basically survived high school holding on to each other. I helped Mel get through Michigan History (this girl didn't do a single scrap of homework for that class!) and she basically just helped me survive. To put in layman's terms my step-father at the time (he is no longer, thank the lord!) was Beelzebub in disguise and Melanie was like Micheal the Angel... :)



We have been friends for so long now I can't remember a time that she was not a part of my life. And I am so excited because she is coming to visit this weekend with her wonderful hubbie!!!!!! We talk often on the phone, usually with her making the call because as you all know I suck with phone, but seeing her in person is going to be soooo much more special!! I am counting down the days Miss Mellie Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing that we have known each other for 14 years and I only have a smattering of pics of us together...but here is a good one of her from my baby shower.



I can't wait to see your smiling beautiful face in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you Friday!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're so sweet! You're gonna make me cry. I can't wait to get there either! I have so much work to do before I go, but I want to go now!!!