03 October 2007

Baby vs. Puppy

And baby wins!

I would like to know who the idiot was that said "if you want to know what's it's like to have a baby get a dog", that person is a complete moron. There is NOOOOO comparison.

First off when you teach a dog something they usually remember it and continue doing it, a dog doesn't need 5 million diaper changes, they don't cry until endless hours of the night, they only eat maybe once or twice a day....someone tell me what baby does that???

I am sure that you are all wondering why I am talking about this....well Mr. Max had one heck of a night last night. Not sure what his deal was but apparently sleeping was not in the cards. He was awake for most of the day yesterday, a few catnaps here and there, so I was thinking ooooh he is going to sleep good tonight....WRONG! He slept from 10 pm till about 1:30 am....fell back asleep till about 2:40 am or so....and proceeded like that every hour on and off till about 4 am when I finally fed him.

When you become a parent you always say that you are going to do what's best for the baby, you aren't going to let them sleep with you, you aren't going to let them get used to a pacifier, blah, blah, blah. Let me tell you at 4:45 am this morning and Mr. Max was still not asleep I threw all that crap out the window and put him in his swing, (which seems to be the ONLY place that he will sleep good), and he slept until 9 am this morning! GO figure!

On a side note, Miss Magoo slept all night long AND then also slept some more when Max FINALLY fell asleep! LOL!

Well I feel better now...just had to get that off my chest...ok onto my 3rd cup of coffee!!! HA HA !

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Dear Mother Waddles,

You did just fine. Who cares about all that crap. My daughter had a pacifire until she was 2. SHE threw it away when it got a hole in it. It did the trick. Whatever it takes, I say!

Secondly, my cousin let her baby sleep in his car seat for a short period of time so that he would get USED to sleeping! Then moving him to his bed was a breeze.

Again... whatever it takes! You did great, because you are flexible.

Melanie said...

All hail the swing!!! We bow to the swing. I will kiss the swing when I am there NEXT WEEK!!