25 October 2007

On the Road...

Hi.
I had my doctor's appointment today and all went well. Karl, a.k.a Husband of the Year went with me and was extremely supportive. I told the doctor how I have been feeling and she was very glad that I came in. I informed her the my "HOTY" pushed me into it, she told him thank you.

She told me what I am feeling is very common and said that I am not alone....she was incredibly helpful and I do feel better now that I have talked to someone, besides myself of course ~ which happens quite a lot these days. Don't tell anyone...I don't want anyone to think that I have completely lost my mind...LOL!

Anyway my doctor told me about a great support group that I am going to set up an appointment with and a few other things that we are going to try and hopefully in no time I will be back to my old crazy, loud, laughing self.

I would like to say a special thank you to a few people who are helping me through this.

First off my husband. Without you I really don't know where I would be. You are my rock, my life, my soul, my everything. Words could never express how thankful I am every day that I get to wake up to you and spend my life with you.

Second my Mother's, yes that is plural. My Mom and my newly inherited Mom, or what some would call a Mother in Law. I want to thank you beautiful ladies for helping me. Mom-Mom (what Max calls here) in the physical sense of taking Max for a night here and there and allowing me to get some sleep and Nana (what Max calls her) for being my long distance life-line. I always feel better after I get off the phone with you. I know that you are missing Max and I but you are always here in spirit!

Third my friend Melanie. We have been friends for so long and now that we are older she just gets better and better. I can't imagine my life without you and I thank you for being there for me!

5 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I've been there. Shortly after I had Emily, I had gone in for my check up. The doctor asked how I was doing and I said, "FINE". As I was laying there, he then leaned over and looked directly into my face and said, "NO, How are YOU doing?"

I started bawling. I was a wreck. I felt like a wreck, but also felt like I had to put on some happy face because all was happy in the land of pleasantville. But it wasn't. I was a wreck. My body was a wreck, my marriage was strained, I had medical problems with my delivery, my emotions were out of control, I wasn't sleeping... and the thing was, he knew it. My doctor knew enough to get in my face, put me on the spot and get me to recognize it.

I was you.

Miranda (Melane gets to call you Mandy), I don't really know you, but I can tell you that I care about you and as I type these words, tears are streaming down my face because I know where you are right now. It SUCKS.

I am so glad that you told Karl, and that you told your doctor. These feelings are real. These things you are going through are real. There is nothing wrong with you. You have gone through MAJOR changes physically and mentally. Melanie hit the nail on the head by saying that you being so far has compounded this situation. BUT I can tell you that it WILL get better. You will wake up one day and the sun will be brighter. The air will be lighter and you will feel like a million bucks.

Until then, you should use this blog to unload your feelings. No one here will judge you. We're all here because we enjoy you and your life.

Mel and your family may seem so far away right now, but when you go out at night and look up at the moon, remember... we're all looking at the same moon. We're not that far away.

It will be ok. I promise.

Miralee said...

Thank you so much Val for your kind words. Just through browsing your blog I feel like I know you and if you are friends with Mel then you are friends with me!

I appreciate your kind words and it makes me smile knowing that someone else out there knows exactly what I am feeling, it makes me feel not so alone. At first I was hesitant to post things on the blog but realized that it made me feel better to see it in writing and not have it swirling around in my crazy mixed up head. :)

Thank you again! I hope that one day when I am back in Michigan maybe visiting we can try and hook up to meet face to face!!

Melanie said...

This is why women need to have girlfriends.

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Val's friend Katrina again. I'm so glad to hear that you such a supportive husband and that you are recognizing your symptoms and seeking treatment.

A very good friend of mine (besides Val) went through something similar. Hang in there & be kind & patient with yourself - "you are perfect in your imperfections".

Miralee said...

Thanks Katrina!! I am doing a bit better now that I don't feel such a burden of my "secret"....that is what it felt like. Something I was not supposed to talk about, a huge monkey on my back.

But now that it's out in the open I feel better! Thanks for the kind words!