15 October 2007

Mel and Dave....

Well Melanie and Dave came to visit this weekend...we were kind of a pit stop for their real vacation. They were going to Gettysburg to stay and a really cool bed & breakfast. Dave is a real history nut, and I say that lightly. This guy is amazing! I was so impressed by how much knowledge he has of history. I have always prided myself in knowing a good deal of history - especially it being of of my fave subjects in school but Dave was incredible! He could rattle of names and dates and events like nothing...very cool!

Anyhue, they got in around 4pm Friday and we just kind of hung out, ordered some Chinese and played a fun card game. It's called Sevens, super easy and lots of fun. I am not a great card player but this was a game that I could play and have fun at. We got up Saturday, putzed around for a little while and then headed in to town for breakfast. After that we went to what I thought was going to be a ton of fun, Pumpkin Show here in Millville. Don't let the website fool you. It was not all that it was cracked up to be! We whizzed through it in about 30 minutes or less. Oh well - at least we got to hang out together.

That night we had homemade Manicotti (yes made my little ole me), and played another rousing hand of Sevens. Sadly Mel and Dave had to leave Sunday morning to head down to Gettysburg and finish the rest of their trip. But I was sooo happy that they made a little pit stop to visit us here in little ole Millville! Hope to see you guys at Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Don't be silly - you were part of our "real vacation". Seeing you and Max was for me - seeing the battlefields of Gettysburg for Dave!

I will post some of our awesome pictures when we return home.

Thanks for having us!