20 October 2007

A Long, Long Night....

Since the day that we brought Max home we have swaddled him, for any of those that have babies or young children they know this is the magic key in getting them to sleep or just to calm them. Max loves it...for the past three months we have swaddled him any time he is fighting sleep and almost instantly he goes to sleep....ahhh bliss!

But now that he is getting bigger he is growing out of his "life-saving" Kiddipotamus Swaddler we decided that it was time that we try and break him of this habit....and let me all remind you that he has the stubbornness trait of his daddy. It was a long, long night.

About 9:30 'ish or so we gave him a bath and then by 10 pm he got his bottle...that took about 20 minutes or so to finish and then "THE BATTLE OF MAX" began. After he finished his bottle he was almost instantly asleep. So while he was nice and drowsy I put him down in his crib, told him good night and I loved him, I held my breath and fingers as I walked back to our bedroom. Karl and I took 2 turns each going in every 4-5 minutes and trying to soothe him. He does have a pacifier but he doesn't really keep it in his mouth all that great once he starts to fall asleep. At approximately 11:45 am he was FINALLY asleep. I think that was the longest 2 hours of my life and to know that I have probably have about 3 more days of this makes me want to break down in tears right here and now.

BUT I have decided that this is going to be easier to do now then in another 2 months. Wish us luck and if you don't hear from me in the next day or so please say a prayer because I will probably be sitting in the bathroom ripping out my already thin hair (another great thing that pregnancy leaves behind....or should I say falls out after!).

No comments: