17 January 2008

What A Week...

Well Nana & Papa Jim have come and gone. They arrived last Thursday around 5 pm or so and they left this morning at a very early 4 am. It was a great week...I will briefly try and recap as well as update you all with some cute pictures! Thursday night was pretty low key. We just sat around and played with Max and chatted for a while. Everyone went to bed fairly early. Friday Karl headed into work and Nana, Papa Jim, Max, and I just sat around and chilled for the day. Nice and relaxing.

That night Karl and I decided that Max was ready for the big boy tub so we filled up the tub and started to get Max ready for his bath, at one point he decided that he needed to help Daddy...

Then once we got him in we couldn't get him out! He just loved it...he almost did a face plant a few times but Mommy was right there to hold onto him!


Saturday was gorgeous out, sunny and in the low 50's so we decided to head down to Cape May for a day of fresh air. We walked around, looked at some shops, checked out the ocean, and then had lunch in a cute restaurant called Carney's. Here is Max with his Nana Sally and Papa Jim...he is wearing the cutest little snow suit that Mom-Mom got him. He looks like a little bear!

Sunday it was kind of yucky but Nana, Max and I ventured out and did a little bit of shopping. I got a belated Christmas present, a Vera Bradley bag. Originally I was going to get the diaper bag but once I saw it in person I realized it was humongous so I opted for the "Vera" Bag and I love it!


Nana also spoiled me by buying me a new charm for my Pandora Bracelet ... We tried to find one that would signify Magoo and Izzaboo but we couldn't find one that we both really liked so we opted to choose something else. Nana got a really cute silver one with black mother of pearl hearts on it and I chose this one...

Later that we night we just hung out in the house, played some Tetris and Rummy. Karl and Max did a little bit of bonding on the couch....

And Nana taught me (a.k.a Mommy) how to finally crochet. It took me a little bit but I got the hang of it and I even made myself a cute little hat....I will try and get a pic of that later on.

Monday Nana watched Max for a little while and I went and ran some errands. Tuesday was a low key day as well, we chowed on some yummy pizza, and Wednesday we had a fantastic Salmon dinner that Nana made. We all went to bed early because they were getting up at the crack of dawn to get going. They were on the road by 4 am.

Nana just called me and said that they were about 20 miles from home. It was such a great week. It was very comforting having my mom out for a whole week, and I am sure that she was thrilled to get so much Max time in. I think that Karl loved having Papa Jim out - it was good for him to have another Male in the house!! LOL! I already miss them, but I do think that Magoo and Izzaboo miss each other the most. It was a fun filled week for them...I do have some videos of the puppies as well as Max so I will try and get them up as soon as I can. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands down, that's gotta be one of the cutest pics of the Max Man with Karl that I've seen in some time!

Miralee said...

I agree! I also love the bath picture!!!