06 January 2008

A Great Beginning...

I know that all my blogger friends have been missing me...ok so like 3 of you but who's counting right. Anyway this past week Karl and I were thrilled to have some visitors from Good Ole Snowy Michigan. Our friends Carl & Teresa came out for about a week with their two adorable kids - Little Carl and Tess...



Carl and Tree (as I call her) are truly one of our best set of friends. They have been with us from the beginning. When we weren't even dating so they have seen us be friends, date, they were both in our wedding, Carl was the Best Man, they came with us on our honeymoon (talk about a fantastic vacation!), the buying of our new house and even helped paint, and through pregnancy. Tree is Max's Godmother!

We used to spend almost every weekend together. Carl's side of the family has taken us in as their adopted kids. We spent last Christmas evening with them and their whole family that is how close we are to them. Leaving them (as with all of our friends) was especially hard.

We didn't manage to get any pictures of Little Carl with Max...he was pretty engrossed in his video games. Which we all became hooked after playing a few times. He has this little game called Brain Age...OMG. It's extremely addictive. Then Tree and I couldn't stop playing Tetris.

The day that we actually were all packed up and ready to drive out of our driveway for the last time we were all in tears including Carl (whom we call Paco, but that is another story all together). When I went home for the shower last May I stayed the night with them and we cried all over again when I left. We came home this past August for my step-dad's birthday and we hung out with them and I went down one night (Karl had to come home) and cried all over again. They really are like our other family.


But we were blessed to see them this past week. And we got to ring in the New Year with them. They came in late Sunday night and they didn't leave until Friday morning....we had a great time. We sat and talked, played cards, ate pizza - just like old times. I was proud of myself though I didn't cry when they left! It was hard but I willed myself to be strong.

All in all it was an amazing week. We were so happy to bring in the New Year with them. It was so good for the Soul!! Can't wait to see them again!!!

This picture was sooo cute...Magoo was in heaven this week. She played so much she was dog tired by the end of each day. And next week my Mom and Step-Dad are coming to visit and they are bringing Izzaboo....Magoo better get some rest this week!

4 comments:

The Nut House... said...

That is a great post. And yes... I have been stalking your blog for DAYS and DAYS. No one is posting anything lately. Even Mel who is usually the last one to post, has posted more than y'all, lol.

Great pics. It was definitely a great Holiday this year.

Unknown said...

Magoosy better get ready! We have been telling Boo all week she is going to see her sister. Tell her Nana is coming with toys and treats.

Anonymous said...

Magoo has to be my dog Cuervo's sister! I swear. He joins us humans on whatever furniture we're on. A 60 pound lap dog.

Melanie said...

Nothing better than good friends!