23 January 2008

Chatty Cathy...

Max is becoming a non-stop babbler. A bit like his mother. For the last two nights he has woke up around 3 am and just lies in his crib and talks...

When I say talks he cooes, babbles, squeals, zirberts or does raspberries...this usually goes on for about 20 minutes until Karl and I just can't take it any more and go in to give him nuk and try to get him back to sleep. Most of the time it works. Last night he feel asleep for what seemed a milli second and then was back at it for another 10 minutes. Karl does have the touch though because he can go in for just a few minutes and that kid doesn't make a peep. Out. Like a light. It so infuriates me but at least he is sleeping.

I do have to say that he is sleeping a little better. Finally. He is still going down about 8:30 or so and he sleep solid until about 3 or 4 am. Then the rest of the night is not so great. He usually wakes back up about 5 am and I give him a bottle and then he usually falls back to sleep until about 7 am. At that point I am usually completely out and I would love it if he would just sleep for one more hour but I really don't think it's going to happen. But I will take the 4 or 5 hours I get at the beginning of the night.

For Ken and Jodi....I realize that 50 million people are going to say this but rest up. Or at least relish your sleep like you are never going to have it again. LOL! I do hope that you get a good sleeper. Maybe you guys will get lucky and she will sleep through the night instantly!!! Well secretly I don't wish that because I would be soooooooooooooooooo jealous!! HA HA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

VIDEOS????????

Melanie said...

You are not selling me on the whole baby thing.