15 September 2008

Eastern States Exposistion....

Otherwise known to the East Coast as "The Big E". We just went to this over the weekend and had a blast!

The Big E is difficult to describe...here is what is listed on their web-page:
"There's no better place to enjoy the sights, sounds and taste tempting aromas of the fall season than at The Big E, New England's Autumn Tradition and the largest fair in the northeast. It's a New England extravaganza with top name entertainment, major exhibits, The Big E Super Circus, the Avenue of States, New England history and agriculture, animals, rides, shopping, crafts, a daily parade and a Mardi Gras parade and foods from around the world for 17 glorious days during New England's most colorful season."

That about sums it up, except for it was sooooo much more. I have never seen so many cool vendors, so much food, and so many things for the kids to do. We were there all day Saturday and did not get through everything....but it was fun what we did get through. Max was a trouper. Slept sooo good all weekend, even took a nap in his stroller while we walked around on Saturday. That was a first!

One of the best things I think that I ate while there was "The Big E Eclair", they also had "The Big E Cream Puffs". Get a load of this picture.... I have no idea who the woman, this was on their website....but the Cream Puff really is that big and is that delicious...they did not have a picture of the eclair but let me tell you it made my mouth water while I was in line!
Anyway it was a fantastic weekend and if anyone is every looking for a fun trip to do in late September I HIGHLY recommend this festival! We will be going back next year for sure!!! It's now going to be a tradition!

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Ooohhh! I so want to go to New England. Did you see any fall colors? White steeple churches? Photos por favor.

Miralee said...

Sorry, I forgot the camera. But I did see a few trees that were starting to change, but alas no white steeples.

Miralee said...

Sorry, I forgot the camera. But I did see a few trees that were starting to change, but alas no white steeples.