17 July 2007

Max's Big Day!

Hi everyone...sorry about the delay but it has been quite a hectic week for the Rudolph Family! Little Max has finally arrived! He was born on Friday, July 13th @ 4:16 am in the morning. He weighed 7 lbs and 11 ozs. We came to the hospital on Wednesday evening and started the induction process but little Max has his own way of doing things - at his own pace! Hence the reason that he was not born until Friday morning! LOL! He MUST be a Rudolph!

Unfortunately he does have a pretty serious case of Jaundice. We were able to come home from the hospital Saturday but had to have him re-admitted just this past Monday. He is doing much better but the Pediatrician is pretty sure that he will have to be here until probably Thursday. The hospital has been amazing and have set Karl and I up with a room so we can stay here at the hospital to see him and I can feed him regularly. He does not seem to mind, he is under light therapy just about 24/7 - but I am sure that in his little mind he is just enjoying the sun!! I have not had a second to download any pictures but I can attest so the fact that he is the most adorable, handsome, beautiful little baby - just my own opinion! I hope to be able to post some more info in the next couple of days!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Welcome Max!! We have all been waiting for your arrival.
I am glad all went well.
Most babies have jaundice, he just needs a little more attention. He is so special that is why.
I am so happy for the both of you. What wonderful parents you will make.
Give Max a BIG huge and kiss from aunt Ju Ju!!
love to all you you

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you both!! Can't wait to see his pictures!!

The Nut House... said...

I used to work in the Mother Baby Unit of a hospital. I loved how the little babies looked in their little "tanning" booths, with their little goggles on. Congratulations to you both!

From Mel's friend Valerie

Dork Knob said...

Congratulations!
I am so happy for the 3 of you!
Well your due date was 7-11 but you
still got 7-11 with the weight!

Hey, don't worry about the jaundice, jacob and amanda both had it and you know how they have turned out! They're both great looking just like their.....Mom!

Well make sure not to let any HP details slip out until around next march when I finish the book!

All my love and prayers to your family!