31 July 2007

The joys of motherhood!

Ok so when you get pregnant everyone wishes you congrats, ask tons of questions about what your having, names you might have picked out, etc. Then they start saying how different your life is going to be - less sleep, endless diaper changes, bottle or breast, etc and you think "We (hubbie and I) can handle it, I mean we are adults for gosh sakes, how hard can it be to adjust to a change. HOW WRONG COULD I BE!!!!!!


No ones really tells you about the changes you will go through with your spouse....it's amazing that I can see Karl every single day but I miss him. I feel like my whole life right now is consumed with Max, and although I love him with all my heart and soul I also love my husband. I have the feeling that Karl is a Saint in disguise because he has been absolutely amazing these last few weeks. He is incredibly patient (not only with Max but his emotionally charged wife!). Let's just say that he has had to be put on the back burner since our little bundle of joy arrived. :) He keeps telling me that is okay but you have to wonder how much a person can take before they really start getting their feelings hurt??


I think that if people really told you all of the things that you give up to have kids there may not be so many people having them. Besides all of the aforementioned things (sleep...) you don't realize how different your relationship becomes with your spouse. I have talked to a few friends and they all say that what we are going through is completely normal and they assure me that things get better, our relationship will get even better than before - with time. Because I know that my friends all love me dearly I know that they are telling me the truth, now I just have to have the patience to wait it out! Or maybe I should say that Karl has to have the patience to wait it out!!! LOL! I am one hell of a lucky woman to have such a fantastic husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On a side note here a couple of cute pics of Max...I told you my life is consumed with him!! LOL!!!!!!!! Do you think that he could look a little more crazed in this first pic?? LOL! The bottom one is for my mom...she bought him this onsie when she was out for his birth...too cute, and yes Mom I will send you this one for your own copy!

4 comments:

The Nut House... said...

From a mother of 2... I promise it will get better. When we came home with child A, we were so stressed out (I had some "complications" with delivery and recovery). We were literally at each others throats. By 6 weeks, Child A was sleeping a 6-8 hour stretch. Life began to take on a wonderful shape. Now they are 8 & 5. Still a bit crazy, but more self sufficient. Life is grand, and DH is still my BFF.
Hang in there, and if possible... plan a date night. When Max goes down for bed, have a NICE dinner... and do what you did before he was born. W/O leaving the house.

Melanie said...

Who's nose is that? I can't tell.

Miralee said...

I believe that he may have my nose Mel...it's hard to tell but I have to have some claim to making him right. If I get a nose then I will take it.

He looks so much like Karl...but I have also decided that he had my toes!! As I said I have to claim something!!LOL!

Melanie said...

I bet as he grows and changes you will start to see more of yourself in him. He may look more like Karl, but he may have your personality, or he may make a face that looks like you or something like that. I always thought Katie's Molly looked like Katie, but when I see photos of her with a big smile on her face, she looks like her dad. It's weird.