10 April 2008

A New Beginning...

I am an entrepreneur. Please be patient as I explain...

I have been thinking for the last few months about going back to work. Nothing full time, nothing that would require me to leave Max with anyone, but I have been thinking about doing "at home" work.... Then life stepped in and presented me with a different idea.

About a month ago I was on a website for a magazine out here called "South Jersey Mom" and I just happened to enter a giveaway for a $100 basket from Mary Kay. As many of you know I am a bit of an addict when it comes to make up. To my surprise I won....I got a call from Lauren and we set up a time for her to come by and drop it off as well as for me to get a facial done. I have used Mary Kay products in the past and have always liked them and a few times have really considered the possibility of selling the product but have never been brave enough to do it.

Lauren and I instantly clicked, we had a ton of fun talking about children (she has two boys), make up, and the craziness of being a mom. When we got done I did order some make up and I knew she was going to ask me about becoming a consultant. It was like a light went off. I know it all sounds cheesy and silly and corny, but I thought what on earth do I have to lose. This is the perfect job for me. I CAN make my own hours, I CAN decide how much or how little I want to work, and best of all I GET to engulf myself in something I LOVE - make up! Yes I am 100% a girly-girl. When I was a teenager one of my deepest dreams was to move to New York and become a famous make up artist....well I almost got there. I married a man from New York but live in New Jersey and now I am dealing with make up but not as a famous artist - but there is always the future right!

Anyway....I am very excited and I can't wait to get started. I went to a monthly meeting with Lauren the other night and was astounded by these woman. These were woman of all ages, races, backgrounds, and the thing that connected them was truly amazing. Again I don't mean to sound corny and all of those other things but I felt so invigorated when I left, this is really crazy, but I felt valued...I felt esteemed...I felt the passion these woman had for their career. If anyone is interested I have already started My Very Own Website!! Feel free to check it out, and of course the offer stands that if anyone would like to order something feel free.... :)

Thank you for listening to my story of A New Beginning!

5 comments:

The Nut House... said...

How Blind I AM! I can't find the link for the website.

Melanie said...

I hear that Mary Kay is a very good company for a woman to work for. I think they are very family oriented.

Pink Cadillac here you come!

Miralee said...

You should be able to click on the purple part that says "My very own website".

Sorry I haven't got one posted yet on the right side of the page!!!

The Nut House... said...

I Love it! Love the MK pink too! A woman I met in December has a pink caddie. It's very cool.

I LOVE having a business like this. Totally. My tip to you... start booking 90 days out. It will put your business in full swing.

Best of luck to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

OMG. The pink cadillac comment was awesome! Good for you for starting your own business! How exciting.