09 April 2010

LOVE Bisquick....

Pancakes have never been a speciality of mine, although I LOVE them and so does Max. Usually I end up buying frozen ones because I either burn them or they are to doughy...but this morning Max wanted pancakes and I didn't have any frozen ones.

Soooo I grabbed my box of bisquick took a look at the directions...pretty basic: 2 cups bisquick, 1 cup milk, 2 eggs. THEN I noticed under that there were a couple tips listed for variations. One for thinner pancakes, how to add fresh fruit and then "melt-in-your-mouth" pancakes. I figured I would give it a try and see what happended. If they turned out horrible I could always make him oatmeal. The varation was to add 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract (which I didn't have so I used almond extract instead). I mixed everything together, got my pan nice and hot on a medium temp and went to town.....

AMAZING! I don't know if it was the baking powder but they were soooo fluffy, and with the almond extract they had just a hint of nuttiness.....soooooo good!  Of course the recipe makes about 12-15 pancakes depending on their size. Well even though I love pancakes I cannot sit and eat 12 of them. I decided I was going to try and freeze them. Seperated them into 4 bundles, wrapped them into foil and then placed them in a freezer bag.

I am  hoping that they will freeze well and still be tasty when I take them out the next time....I highly suggest anyone that LOVES pancakes to give this recipe a try!!!

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

We do this all the time! Bisquick rocks! Plus I don't think it has all the additives that other mixes have. We freeze ours in baggies of 3, and reheat them in the microwave. Voila! Breakfast is done.