30 April 2010

Au Natural...

Like most women I know I color my hair...hightlight...lowlights ~ the whole nine yards. In the last few years I have really been doing alot to it because I am springing out gray hairs left and right. Initially I had just a few on the crown of my head so I didn't really care to much. But NOW I have LOTS of them.

On the top, on the side, all along the back....I have even been coloring/hightlighting myself in an effort to save some money. Because as many of you know it is not cheap to get your hair done, at least not if you want to get it done in a respectable salon. It's a vicious cycle...

I have decided to break the cycle....I am not going to dye/color/hightlight my hair anymore. I am going to EMBRACE the gray. I am tired of battling it, I am surrendering to the white & gray....waving my white flag. 

I really hope that I end up with this look...


As opposed to this look....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nut House... said...

O...............M..............G. Girl. I once said the same thing. See, my "sparklers" started showing up about 13 years ago, thanks to my dearly departed grandmother. All of us grandchildren were not ready to inherit this trait. I told my hair dresser the same thing once, and described the beautiful silver coiffe shown above and she about died right there. Now mind you my girl at the time was a bit more than 3x my age. She said she will "continue to color her hair for the rest of her life, and if her kids let her sit and rot in a nursing home with grey hair, she would come to haunt them after she dies." lol

That conversation took place about 12 years ago, and I will NEVER forget it. And I will NEVER stop dying my hair either cause surely I will look like option B.