27 August 2008

My Favorite Book...

Lately I have found myself in a food rut. Let's rewind back a few months when Max was still eating baby food I was so proud of myself for making sure Max was eating all his veggies & fruit but when he started eating big people food I suddenly realized that Karl and I don't eat what we should. Even as much as I tried to make sure we were eating good my go to food was grilled cheese, spaghettio's, or oatmeal. Which I realize are not all that bad but still....so I was out shopping one day and came across this book, Deceptively Delicious....which I had seen before....


It was only $16.99 and I decided that I would give it a try. I really like how easy the recipes are, none of them are too difficult to make and what I have tried so far is really good. The other day I made Apple Muffins which have applesauce and carrot puree in them so they kind of tasted like carrot cake. Yummy! Last night for dinner I made a spaghetti pie with turkey meatballs. The meatballs were made with ground turkey and mixed with egg white and broccoli puree. I thought the sauce was great too because it was just a jar of sauce but I added some cottage cheese, carrot puree, and Parmesan cheese. I loved it and Max inhaled it! I am excited to try some more recipes and even happier that I found a way for us ALL to get some veggies and fruits like we need! Happy Eating!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I have to laugh, as I notice the same thing about us. I am very peticular about what my kids eat, even going to great lengths about organic foods. I don't need my kids growing before their time. But I too will eat a bowl of cereal for dinner, while they have chicken, steamed broccoli, and something else.

So with that, I am going to have to check out this book!!!

Joyous JRo said...

Book sounds great, gives me a reason to go to Barnes & Noble this weekend, thanks!