04 February 2008

Super Bowl Weekend...

The weekend has come and gone. The Giants are probably still celebrating, as they should, since they just gave The Pratiots a run for their money. Karl and I were secretly hoping that The Giants would win just because we are partial to anything New York - probably more Karl but I am guilty by assocation!


This weekend was fun. We got Max his very first ball....

And I have to say that he loves it. It's kind of hard to keep Magoo away but she will get her very own soccer ball soon enough. Mas is pretty much sitting up by himself, he still get a little wobbly when he reaches for things that are far away but he is getting better daily....


We also had the pleasure of hanging out with friends, yes I said friends, this weekend. Friday night Christine, Marco, and their little one Sebastian came down. We had pizza, a few beers, and just played with the boys. It was great!

Then yesterday we hung out with Kristin, Chris, and their little one Olivia. We played with the kids, ate tons of food that Kristin made (yum, yum!), and then watched the game. We stayed till about 1/2 time and then headed on home to get Max into bed.

I told Karl that I almost feel like I have a life....The Duck Club keeps me busy, I just volunteered to be an Assistant Organizer, my book club is still going strong, and I can actually say that I have a few friends. Things are finally starting to fall into place....isn't life grand!!!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you are finally feeling at home. I knew you would make friends even though you weren't sure. You are so much fun to be around. I miss you. sniff sniff.

Miralee said...

I miss you too! I am planning on coming home in May for Mother's Day and will probably stay for a week...are you up for a road trip....

The Nut House... said...

What a great post. You went through alot... and came out smelling like a rose, lol. Wait... that sounded weird.

Melanie said...

A road trip with the baby out of the belly? I think I could roll with that. Let me know the dates :)

Miralee said...

I will e-mail you the date...ciao!