14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day...

It's been a few days since I have posted and I don't even know why I haven't. Instead of trying to sound all witty and funny here is a basic rundown of The Jersey Life since I last posted:



Monday was spent making candy for Valentines Day. The Duck Club is meeting at a local coffee shop and a music teacher is coming by to give them a little show. I was very nervous to be making candy but the lady and my mom swore that it was super easy. So Monday evening was spent melting the chocolate, pouring it into molds, freezing it and then popping them into little gift bags. I had this bright idea last weekend to make up some candy & cookies for all the kids in the Duck Club and making up a platter for Karl to take to work....sometimes I am better off not having these bright ideas.



Tuesday I did some cleaning while Max napped (for 2 hours I might add). Then Mom-Mom came down for the night to watch Max so I could go and get a hair cut. There is a story within a story here....when Carl and Teresa came out I was done with my hair so Teresa gave me a really cute little bob cut. I loved it. But it also gave me the itch to go a little shorter. I told Karl last week that I was done spending a 1/2 hour blowdrying my hair and I wanted to cut it. Karl has a very strong aversion to short hair on girls. But he said that he was cool with it. I think that since we have had Max he realizes that whatever I can do for myself that makes my life easier he is happy - essentually because it makes his life easier. So Tuesday I headed to the salon and chopped it all off. It's short, and I love it that way. I will try and get a picture and post it for all the world to see later today.



Wednesday was spent finishing all the candy and cookies and getting everything ready to go for today.


Here are a few pics of Max that I have taken in the last few days....enjoy and have a great Valentine's Day!


Here is Max playing last weekend....he really becoming a pro when it comes to sitting up by himself!!


Here are a few pictures of Max. He was not very happy with me. Apparantely I was taking way too long getting his bottle to him.


I think that I made him even madder when I started taking pictures of him....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, that big croc. tear makes me want to cry! He looks so much like Karl right now. Every once in awhile I do see the Russ in him.

The Nut House... said...

You broke his heart. Look at the tears. What kind of mother are you? lol. Let me tell you... My son, Greg, would THROW himself backward as soon as he caught sight of a bottle! We had a cement slab in the living room too!!! (obviously under the carpet). So I had to put a big cushy pillow behind him, THEN go make his bottle. That way he wouldn't ring his bell!

It is going to kill me to wait and see your haircut.

Melanie said...

He looks so much like Karl. I'd love to see some of Karl's baby pictures - so they look like the same baby.