29 February 2008

I've Got A Bug...

A cooking bug that is. Lately it seems all I want to do is cook, and for anyone knows me you know that is not one of my favorite things to do. Before Karl and I got together I lived off of cereal and PB&J's. Partly because cooking for one is virtually impossible and not that much fun to boot. Let me just give you a taste of what we have had for dinner this week:

Monday: Salmon Croquettes (a version of a crab cake) with Red Skinned Mashed Potato Bake

Tuesday: Pepper & Garlic Tenderloin, Crusty Potato Wedges, and Broccoli/ Carrots Veggies with a light butter sauce

Wednesday: Tangy Baked Chicken and 4-cheese Tortellini (that I did not make myself)

Thursday: Roasted Red Pepper & Turkey Meatloaf with Tossed Salad and homemade Buttery Biscuits. I also made a raspberry & blueberry Vanilla pudding desert, but somehow I did something wrong with the graham cracker crust so that wasn't very delectable. I guess you can't win them all....

I have not yet decided what we might have for dinner tonight....but I can assure you it's going to be something good! The other thing that we have started doing is actually sitting at the table for dinner. I really want this to be a big part of our family once Max gets older and our 2nd comes along. I always loved having sit down family dinners so I really want to get in a habit of doing this. It's nice to turn the TV off, maybe have a glass of wine and just enjoy dinner instead of pigging out in front of the TV while we only have pay attention to each other and less attention to what we are shoving into our mouths.

By the way if anyone would like the recipes for my vast array of dinners so far just let me know and I will gladly share them! Bon Appetite'...

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Wow girl! You go! As you know I am a horrible cook, so I have to stick with the basics... breakfast for dinner and stuff like that. lol.

It is SO important to be together for dinner. Life is so crazy busy, that sometimes it is the only time to actually BE a part of each other's moments. Our favorite discussion starter, "Whats the funniest thing that happen to you today?".

Miralee said...

I seriously doubt you could be a bad cook if you can make cake as good as you did for Mel's shower. I just won't hear of it! And I agree about having dinner's together. I truly feel that if more families had actual dinner together, like back in the day, this world might be just a touch more tolerable.

And I like the funny question...we always ask each other how our day was but that is getting old! LOL!