26 May 2010

My True Passion....

Last Sunday I got to do something REALLY, REALLY, REALLY cool! My friend Trish (from my playgroup) invited me to come to a photo shoot that HER childhood friend was doing.

Her friend is launching a clothing line and this was to be her very first photo shoot highlighting the clothes. Trish has asked me if I would be interested in doing the models makeup. I was flattered and VERY nervous. For most of you that know me know that I am a total girlie-girl. I LOVE make-up, and for that matter clothes, shoes, purses, etc....so I immediately said YES. Then of course started freaking out about it.

BUT none the less Sunday morning came, gave the Fam lots of hugs and kisses and headed off to Valley Forge, PA. Just want to add that I was a nervous wreck the whole time. I am by no means a "professional make-up artist", and this was someone's vision, possibly a huge dream of their's being fulfilled.

When I first got there I had a chance to meet Jen (the creater) and then got a quick glance at the clothes (ADORABLE by the way), and got started. The models were going to be outside so Jen wanted a very natural look for the girls - I got to work.....

I had an absolute blast!!! I ended up doing  four models and then hung out for a little bit to watch the photographer at work. It was so amazing seeing some of the pictures, the models did great, the photographer was awesome, it was just such a fun experience. I am so glad that I didn't let my fear overtake something that I really love to do. When I was younger that was my dream ~ head to New York and get into the fashion scene, but I didn't want to work with the clothes (although I dooo love them), I wanted to be doing the hair or make-up. Of course my life did not quite go in that direction and I love my life but I wonder sometimes what my life would have been like had I actually followed that path.

What dream did you have when you were younger, what did you THINK you would be doing when you reached adulthood? I wonder how many people can say they actually do what they wanted to be doing. That is one thing I really want to instill in my children ~ really do something you love, regardless of the pay. Because doing things you really love fills you with joy and that truly worth more than any amount of money.

No comments: