10 February 2010

WHAT THE F.....

I apologize in advance for using an almost "F" bomb but I am that frustrated.

I have been working out CONSISTENTLY  almost every day. In the last 4 weeks I have only missed 5 days of working out. I am doing 20-30 minutes every day, and not just putzing around. I am doing the treadmill and really breaking a sweat, doing yoga that is REALLY making me sweat (because of how inflexible I am), and pilates, and cardio, etc.....

Have I lost a pound....yes I lost 1 and then put on two....AGAIN WHAT THE F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know that losing weight takes time but really. I had a goal of losing 10 pounds, which would put me at my ideal weight....which is what I weighed when Karl and I first started dating....WAY back in 2002. Of course I was running 3-5 miles a day then and lifting weights all the time. PLUS I was not cooking nice yummy delish meals each night. Living on PB & J's and cereal was gourmet for me.

I guess I should consider my age but really, do I want to do that....ummmmm no. It was bad enough my doctor told me I would be considered "maternal age of delivery" since I was going to be 35 when I delivered Emma....wow I just made myself feel even worse. Now I just feel fat and old. WHAT THE F!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are neither old nor fat. I told you, you are probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. How are your clothes fitting?

Melanie said...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of depressing news, but I have been researching this (ya know with my needing to lop off 20 lbs and all) and it appears that diet weighs heavier (no pun intended) than exercise when you are trying to lose weight.

Now I don't think you are fat, in fact I thought you looked damn good when I saw you at Christmas, but if you really feel like you need to take off those pounds, you have to change your diet.

Sugar and carbs from white flour seems to be the biggest offenders of weight gain, which of course of prominent in the American diet.

Sucks doesnt it?

Miralee said...

Thanks Mom....

Mel- you are right....I am a LOVER of sweets! But I do try and stay away from white flour. I always buy whole grain/wheat bread (I even read the label to make sure whole wheat is the first ingredient), and I recently starting using whole wheat flour in my cooking/baking as opposed to white. But sugar is probably the key....as you noted before I am sure going to miss food...sweets that is!

The Nut House... said...

Um yes. I don't look at the scale anymore. I just took notice that I no longer have "Cankles". Yes ma'am. I have cute little ankle bones starting to show. :) I'll take it and keep on moving!!