09 February 2010

Ummmm.....ewwww.....

For the last two weeks I have been trying to get my house "clean" and keept it "clean"....when I say "clean" I mean more than just surface cleaning. As I posted before I got a tip from a friend about this awesome site, Fly Lady, and I have been following the suggested zones for each week. Along with the zone cleaning she suggests she also throws in "challanges"....kind of deep cleaning but not all at once. Which is great for me because I am prone to start projects and never finish them.

Anyhue the challange for yesterday was to clean your garbage can. REALLY CLEAN IT....like take the bag out, wipe it all down - inside and out. I have to say I was somewhat disgusted with myself for ever letting my trash can get that nasty. I always wipe the lid and outside but have never really got into the nitty gritty of the inside. BLECH.....but I am happy to say that it's finished and it all sparkly clean, like NEW, yes that clean!

In case anyone was wondering, today's mission is to clean your kitchen countertops....using some soapy water and rags/or something of your choice, moving all our stuff out of the way and wiping everything down. Happy Cleaning!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I need to get back to my fly lady zones. I haven't done them in a while and feel like we live in a constant state of "CHAOS". As soon as things get back to normal, I will be pulling out my binder. (I printed them off).

I am very happy for you... and that you posted this. It has inspired me!

Miralee said...

I am glad that I can inspire someone! Really I should be thanking you, you are the one who gave me the site!!! So THANK YOU!! I am starting to feel a little less CHAOS....I am actually even going to have a playdate at my house. :)