24 February 2010

My Love of Ice Cream....

In a previous post I mentioned that I was giving up Ice Cream for Lent...ugh. It's only been a week and I am having major withdrawals.

My love of ice cream started while I was pregnant with Max. I used to buy a couple of gallons of ice cream a week and between Karl and I it would disapear. Even after I had Max the cravings were still there....and right on into my pregnancy with Emma. AND after she was born I still wanted it almost every night.

I have not given anything up for Lent in so long, I really can't even remember what the last thing was that I gave up. But I decided that this year I wanted to commit to something. I knew that I could not give up coffee or chocolate but still wanted to give up something that I really habitually had. So I decided that ice cream was the best choice.

IT"S KILLING ME!!! I went to the grocery store yesterday and our fave brand of ice cream was on SALE....I almost caved. BUT I stayed strong and just walked right on past. Hurry up Easter!

On a side note what happended to the spell check on my tool bar for new posts???

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I gave up chocolate. What was I thinking??!! It would have been so much easier for me to give up ice cream because I rarely eat it. Chocolate on the other hand. It's rich, creamy, decadent, and ooooohhh boy does it make me happy.

I have visions of chocolate covered marshmellows dancing in my head! I love those cheap ones that come in the egg carton at Easter.

Hang tough my friend. Trust me when I tell you that I completely and totally feel your pain!!!

Miralee said...

I could never give up chocolate...I would be setting myself up to fail so quickly. It woudl be like trying to give up coffee....good luck and stay strong!

The Nut House... said...

Let's just say I'm sucking the chocolate smell out of a package of Keebler Cookies Dennis bought for the kids. I WILL NOT CAVE. But I will smell. :) lol