15 January 2010

Bah-Humbug!

I am in a funk. I don't know what to do to get out of it. I feel frustrated, irritated, sad, angry, perplexed, and more. But I don't know why.

Sometimes I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day - I just keep waking up to all the same things and nothing ever changes.

I feel like I have completely forgot who I am anymore. The things that come out of my mouth and how I react to people amaze even me. It's like I hear the words come out and I know that I sound snippy or bitchy but I can't seem to stop it. I am a hamster running around and around the wheel and never getting anywhere.

There seem to be so many things that I can't get done. I want to catch up on my scrap booking, I want to learn how to sew (and finally use the sewing machine that I got as a gift 2 years ago), I want to learn how to knit - projects besides just scarves, but I can't ever seem to get to those things. Either laundry needs to be done, or the house needs to be cleaned, or someone needs to be fed, or changed, or put to sleep, or the dog needs to go out, or the dog needs to be let back in, or dinner needs to get started, or or or or or or or or...........

ugh. That is how I feel all the time. Even when I get out of the house or I have the chance to go out by myself I am good for a little but it never seems to stay. Like happiness is just teasing me, dangling the carrot in front of me but I can never seem to catch up to it and take a big bite.

It's so ridiculous for me to feel this way. I have a fabulous husband, two beautiful and healthy children, a roof over my head...blah, blah, blah. What the hell is wrong with me. I sound totally selfish - especially when I watch the news and see situations like what is going on in Haiti....I should be thankful for all that I have. But I cannot seem to shake these feelings.

How do I get out of this rut? Am I totally crazy and insane?

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?

Helllooooooo? Did I ever tell you how I once threw a plate of chinese food at the wall in our dining room? Believe me when I tell you... THIS FEELING WILL PASS.

Maybe try to meditate, or go take a yoga class. Melanie suggested I do Yoga when I was going through some stuff, and it was the best medicine I could have gotten. Now when I feel like I'm going to lose my wit, I do Yoga. Trust me... go do it.