05 January 2010

45 Minutes of Hell...

This morning started out so nice...did some time on the treadmill, enjoyed some coffee, and had some quiet time on the computer ~ all before anyone got up. It was great.

Then I had the bright idea to make some muffins with Max while Emma took her morning nap. That is where things started to go awry...at one point while we were measuring and mixing Max ate about a teaspoon worth of flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda....can't even imagine how that tasted. Then before I had a chance to stir the eggs in he ate a teaspoon of that as well....ugg! Then he proceeded to turn into Damien, horns and all...screaming, hitting, and biting all at the same time ~ it was truly beautiful scene. That of course ended with lots of time outs and time in the naughty chair.

Then I heard Emma crying, I went in and she was laying on her side, almost on her belly, crying. Let me just note she was still swaddled. I totally freaked. I whipped her out of that blanket with superman speed and took her out to the living room so she could listen to Damien continue his rant.

When it came time for her afternoon nap I decided that now was the time we stopped swaddling her and she was just going to have to figure it out~ by figuring it out I mean crying it out. We did this was Max and had amazing results...he used to take two naps a day (both for about 2 hours) then he would go down about 6 pm and sleep till about 7 am. It only took 3 days for him to go right to sleep. The first day we started he only cried for 15 minutes. The longest point he ever cried was 52 minutes....

Emma cried for 45 minutes....today was the first day. The last 15 minutes had us both crying. I keep thinking that it should be easier for me to deal with but it's not....I feel like the most monstrous mother right now. Ugh.

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

LOL, I'm so sorry to laugh at you... but I'm not laughing AT you... I'm laughing at your spin on the day you had, lol.

Miralee said...

I know....it's funny when I got back a couple of day later and read what I wrote... :)