19 August 2009

No News...

I am officially 37 weeks. I went to the doctor for what is now going to be a weekly visit and no news. I have not started dilating BUT have had some contractions here and there....I am hoping that is a good sign and that Miss Emma decides to come all on her own.

I would really prefer NOT to do pitocin again because that is not a very fun experience, of course I guess labor in itself is not supposed to be fun but I am sure you get the gist. :)

The other thing that I had to do was have a Non Stress Test. This is all because I will be 35 when I deliver the baby...they consider 35 to be the Maternal Age of Delivery. So because of that I have had to have extra blood work done, level 2 ultrasounds, AND starting at 36 weeks have a Non Stress Test. Basically they hook me up to a monitor and record my heart beat and the babies heart beat. Along with that I have to hit a button every time the baby moves....I have to do this for 20 minutes. Talk about boring!

But the good news is Emma is doing great - she even had the hiccups while I was doing it...it was hilarious! Say a little prayer for me that she decides to come early or at least on time! :)

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Greg was born at 37 weeks. He weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces, :). C-section of course. Regardless, your little peanut will be smaller and will come when she is ready. I hope that all goes well with you, and that it is a piece of cake!