07 August 2009

My Little Fish...

At the end of last summer we signed Max up for swim class at the City Center and he loved them. At the time he was about 15-16 months so it was basically me holding onto him and getting him used to the water. The class lasted 8 weeks, we we weren't able to sign him up for the next one because of the holidays and we knew that we would be traveling to Michigan and New York so we skipped the winter session.

I was planning on signing him up for spring but then we found out I was pregnant and 5 months of "yuck" ensued so we missed that one as well....FINALLY we got him enrolled in the summer course and I am soo happy to announce that Max swam all by himself today. He did have a little swim bump on (basically this little square foamy thing that wraps around his belly) but up until this time I have been holding on to him trying to get him to move his arms and legs.....

Today he finally did it! I almost cried....it was so cute seeing his little legs just a'goin and moving his little arms all over the place (we are still working on the arms.) He was moving all over the place, I just love it! Next Friday is his last class and I think that Karl is going to try and go since we won't be able to do Fall due to Miss Emma arrival.

If Karl is able to go I will for sure get some pics.... :) I am soo proud of him!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! little man!

The Nut House... said...

That is amazing. He isn't a baby any more. He is a little man. Yeah Max!!!

How have you been feeling?