23 November 2008

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Max made it through the entire service today at Church in the nursery.
We have been going to church for quite a while now and in the beginning Max would do really good, he would just be clingy to whomever was in there. Then he started going through this phase where he would cry the entire time. One of the great things I love about the nursery is that they will only let the child cry for 10 minutes and then they come and get the parent. Well they have come to get us a few times, then it ended up that Karl would be in the nursery the whole service trying to leave but not quite making it.

Karl does much better at leaving Max while he is crying then I do. But it was starting to get frustrating because Karl would miss the whole service but finally it has happened. He only cried for a few minutes and Karl got to sit with me through the whole service..:)

When I talked with the volunteer in the nursery she said that Max cried for a few minutes but he stopped, then he was a little clingy but then he got down and started playing. I have been really upset about this because I want Max to get used to be around other kids, especially ones of different ages. Sadly the playgroup that I was in has fallen to the wayside so I have been trying to find other things to do along with finding a new playgroup. So going to Church has been a great way for Max to interact with other kids. I feel so relieved to know that he is starting to enjoy his time in there. :)

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Best of luck this coming weekend!!! Hopefully he will remember how "fun" it was.