04 November 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

This morning Karl, Max and I went out and voted. Until the moment I stepped into the booth I was undecided. I have been going back and forth with a lot of the issues and was sooo 50/50 on each candidate. I am not going to share my pick just because I don't want to get into a huge political debate on my blog but I think that I made the right choice.

This has been the first election that I have really got into. This is my 3rd election and to be honest I don't even think I voted in the last one. I kept telling myself that I didn't like either candidate so why bother but now that I have a son and have a home (in Michigan, LOL!) I feel like I have a responsibility to vote. Why call myself an American if I choose to give up that right. My pastor made a comment in church this past weekend that really rung true...many countries don't have the freedom of choice and many countries never will. So I am using my freedom and voting...which I hope everyone I know did as well!!!

On a side note my voting location was in a church. I find it very ironic that the Government is all about separation of Church and State but I was voting for the next President (can you get more government than that?) in a Church. Interesting.

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Thats ironic. Gov't and church. lol. I will ALWAYS VOTE. I remember watching a historical video of a woman throwing herself out in front of a horse race, in which she was killed... in an effort to gain attention to womens right to vote. That video clip reminds me of how many people have died for our right to CHOICE (ie pick your pres.) and your right to freedom. Come hell or high water, I will ALWAYS vote.

Way to go sista!