12 November 2008

Not Just Another Day....

Thanksgiving. As I get older this Holiday mean more and more to me. It used to just mean alot of food and then sleep but now I really think about the things that I am grateful for. Plus of course I can't wait for the food! LOVE Turkey!! We will be spending Thanksgiving this year in New York with Karl's family which will be cool because we haven't spent a THanksgiving with them. The plan was to flip flop the holidays but somehow it just hasn't worked out that way.


I am so thankful that I have such a loving husband! Karl is such a great guy I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky, but then I realize that God has a plan and it was supposed to be that way. It's a good thing too because I was really starting to wonder about my choices in men for a little while. LOL! But thankfully there was someone else watching over me and knew what I needed....


I am also thankful for my son. He has taught me so many things in such a short period of time and to be quite honest he is still teaching me things. The biggest lesson of all is patience. Something I have needed to be better at anyway...thanks Max!


I am very thankful for my wonderful family...mine and Karl's. They are amazing people and I am just blessed that I have them, even though we don't always see eye to eye on things I know that they are there for me.


I am thankful for the wonderful, amazing friends that I have. Many of which are back in Michigan. You all have been so supportive since we have moved away and I miss each and every one of you dearly!


I am thankful that we were able to lease our house back in Michigan, although I miss it every day. Having a brand new house makes you kind of spoiled.

Leading me into the next thing that I am thankful for. The house we are living in. Although it's not my home and we are just staying here for a short time I am thankful that we have a roof over our head and don't have to pay two mortgages. Especially with the economy the way it is.

There are so many things that I could put down that I am thankful for but I don't want to bore everyone, so these are just a few that really were on my brain. I hope and pray that everyone of you has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day and that you think about the things you are truly thankful for! Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: