05 August 2007

3 weeks old...

Well Little Max has hit his 3 week mark and Daddy and I are still hanging in there! :)


I have not weighed him recently but he is starting to chunk out a little bit...getting cute little rolls on his arms and legs!! Love to pinch them!! He is really starting to focus on us more when we talk to him and he is becoming a little more vocal, doing some cute coo's and grunts throughout the day. Things are going ok...still really tired but that is to be expected. I think that I have finally given up on the breastfeeding - he just really doesn't want to latch on so for the past week and a 1/2 I have been pumping every few hours so that he can at least get breast milk. I am hoping to be able to keep that up until he hits his 6-week mark and then most likely I will move to formula - it really is a burden to keep pumping all day long!



On a side note Karl and I had our 1st date night and it was very, very nice! We went to this great Italian Restaurant in town and had an absolutely AMAZING dinner. I had a couple glasses of wine and after 9 months of no drinking I am pretty sure that I was buzzed! Karl thought it was pretty humorous!


This next week ought to be interesting because Karl is going out of town for the entire week on a business trip and I am a little nervous to be here all alone - thankfully Karl's mom is down for the week to help out and I am sure that I am going to need it, being that Max doesn't like to sleep for more than a few hours right now! I will keep you all informed as the week goes on! Here are some new pics that we just took! Love the outfit (Got Milk!).

Here is a really cute close up of Little Max!! Do you think that he could a little more like his Daddy!!





2 comments:

Melanie said...

Does his shirt say "I'm not a lion"? I am so glad you are keeping us posted on this progress, but at the same time it makes my heart ache because I want to see him in person so badly!!

Melanie said...

Forget it - I see now it says "I'm not lion" Adorable.