12 July 2010

Rest in peace Trigger....

As many of you know my cat Trigger has been very sick this past week or so. Sometime last night after 1'ish he passed away. We heard him around 1 am stumbling to get our from our bed and when he made it to the hallway he collapsed and could not get back up. Karl took him out to the kitchen near the water bowl (that is all he has been taking in for the last week and half...) and when I got up at 5 am this morning my Mom let me know he had passed.

Trigger was originally my sisters cat but when she moved in with her now hubbie his dogs didn't like cats very much so I took him in. He has been with me since then. Trigger has been with me through thick and thin. Moving across country to Arizona (and back again....), through break-ups, hook-ups, and new jobs. In the last few years he has been quite annoying. He used to wake us up at all hours of the night howling like a fool. :)

But all in all he has been a great cat. He was always fantastic with the kids. He adjusted very well the Magoo. The only bad thing was that he wanted food ALLL the time.

When I realized he wassnt' eating a few weeks ago I knew something was up. Not eating was very unlike Trigger. We waited for a few days and finally made an appointment with the vet. They did some basic blood work but nothing out of the ordinary came up. They send us home with some vitamins and antibiotics. He did pretty well for the first couple of days and took his medicine. He even ate a few times so we thought maybe he would come around.

Then yesterday he wouldn't even touch it. I had crushed it up and put it in with a dab of milk so he would eat it. He totally snubbed his nose at it. I knew yesterday that he was going to have to be taken back to the vet and put to sleep. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it so I told Karl when he got home and he agreed. Then this morning...
I hope that he is in a better place and is finally at peace.

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a heart breaking thing to go through. Take peace in knowing that he did not suffer long. My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel. xoxo

Miralee said...

Thanks Val. I think I had already prepared myself for it when Karl took him to the vet the first time but it was still sad.