01 July 2010

Mr. Trigger....a.k.a Fatty Watty.....

This is Trigger. My cat. My fat cat. My VERY fat cat. He used to be my sister's cat but when she got married her hubbies dogs didn't like cats. Actually he liked them very much but he liked to eat them. Not a good place for fatty watty. So I took him in. I have had him a little over 10 years....he is now 14. And I think his age AND weight is catching up to him.

He started getting sick a few months back but it's been very sporadic....but this last week something has been wrong with him. He is not eating. This is VERY unusual for him. Usually is meowing at all hours of the night because he wants MORE food. The last few days I have only seen him eat maybe once, and his feeder has remained full. I am worried.

I know he is old but I am scared to death to take him to the vet. I am having an internal debate. I don't want to pay hundred of dollars to find out what is wrong with him but at the same time I don't want to do nothing.....what do I do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Time to let go Mandy, he has lived a good life thanks to you. You know if he is not eating there is something seriously wrong. I know how hard it is, but he might be suffering. Let go sweetie.

The Nut House... said...

I wanted to comment on this before, but we were camping and the Wifi at the campground was pathethic at best.

I know you want to do what is best for him. If it were me (and you remember I was there recently), I would want more information before making the decision to put him down. If it comes out that he has something terminal or something that requires expensive medications, then you could make your decision based on that. If you were to just do it, I just hope you never second guess your decision.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I had no choice.