18 July 2010

My Sweet Baby Boy.....

I guess I can't say that he is such a baby anymore. Last Tuesday (July 13th) Max turned 3 years old. I think that I am still in shock. I am not sure really how 3 whole years have gone by since I gave birth to the little guy.

I am amazed every day how this little person can irritate me to my wits end and in the very next second fill me with so much joy I am almost in tears. Being a mother is such a roller coaster of emotions. It's a ride I am blessed to be on, even though it still scares me to death sometimes. :)

I originally was going to plan a big shin-dig for his Birthday but we have so much going on this summer....Max's Birthday, then Emma's Baptism in August, and then Emma's Birthday in September.....so Karl and I decided to keep the kids ACTUAL Birthday to be celebrated with just us and we would have a combined Birthday party for both Max and Emma. Since we were combining their party I wanted to do something special for him. The night before my Mom and I went into town and bought a couple of helium filled balloons. My plan was to fill his room with them once he went to sleep. I was so excited to see his response I almost couldn't sleep....

The next morning I heard Max around 5:30 am yelling "mommy, Nana, daddy....balloons, balloons!!!!". I got up and told him that everyone was still sleeping and he had to stay in his room. Of course the first thing he wanted to know was if the balloons could stay - so cute. The look on his face was purely priceless. 

Once everyone was up and about Max spent the rest of the morning running around with all of his balloons. He went from his room to the kitchen and the living room. It was hilarious. 


Since it was rainy outside we decided that we would head up to Adventure Aquarium. While there Nana treated Max to a face paining, which he LOVED. He could not stop staring in the mirror....absolutely hysterical. 

We finished off the night with one of Max's fave meals Spaghetti & Meatballs. And of course we also had to throw in some dessert  - good ole' fashioned Sprinkle topped Cupcakes. 

Such a wonderful day to remind me of the amazing gift I received 3 years ago!  

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Wow! The face painting is incredible. I agree with the combined party. It gets so hard to keep up with everything. Emily's birthday is in May and Greg's is in September. Maybe I should take a page out of your book. :)

Miralee said...

Val I figured that Max is still young enough to not really get it (or care). I don't know that I will get that lucky in future years. :)

abbie said...

That face paint is amazing! They grow up so fast don't they.