24 March 2010

Inspirational...

Here is an excerpt from one of the blogs on yogajournal.com. Reading this reminded me that I have to stop worrying and start enjoying. I have come to the realization that I am a rigid person and that rigidness is controlling my life, and not in a good way...so I hope that you are able to be inspired by this as well and I  wish you a lifetime of being flexibleza and limber... : )

"After all--shift happens. We're all in constant state of flux, from our cells and thoughts, to our outer environments and relationships. Your experience is as transient as a hobo on a country railcar. The question is--in what direction do you want that train to roll?


If you allow life, and the external opinions, requests, and demands of others take you where it wants to go, you'll spend a lifetime getting steamrolled from the outside. Enough of that, and your heart will feel as flat as a pancake. If you want to fill your mind, body and spirit with the goodness of inspiration and transformation, you've got to do one thing for certain:

Get to work. Remember: intention without action is just a beautiful pipe dream.

In the Yoga Sutras, Patanjali offers clue about how to change things according to your intentions. It begins with ishvara pranidhana. This word literally means "love of God," but like so many other concepts in the yoga teachings, it has alternate meanings. Ishvara pranidhana can also mean "to take your highest action." Have you noticed that in any moment when you're called to make a choice --Do I go to yoga class or skip it? Should I yell at my partner or take a time out? Should I take the job I hate for more money or the one I love for less?--there is usually one that will serve your highest good, and one that will, well...not so much?

When you take action that helps you express who you most want to be in the present, it will keep you on the road toward goals you want to reach later. I'm certain of this, because it's taken me from a dysfunctional practice and stressful life to inner strength and outer abundance. It will work for you too--but you have to work it.

Yoga is not a spectator sport. It asks for your full and unflinching participation. It can be scary, constantly facing down the unknown, but if you can go there--whether by hugging your thighs more in that Crow Pose, taking a deep breath when you want to say something hurtful, or choosing the high road in a situation where your habits and fears conspire to make the low one an attractive option--all your hard work will absolutely pay off.


In fact, the beauty of yoga is that it pays its dividends instantly, with a rush of prana, or empowerment, and the personal satisfaction of becoming more of yourself in the moments that you focus, intend...and try. This is the offer of Kriya Yoga, the yoga of action, and it's something that we can practice both on and off our mats."

Namaste

No comments: